Monday, October 22, 2012

John Quidilla, Texas DREAMer deportation case closed


I was picked up by ICE on the way to classes and was held at the detention center at Dallas, Texas. I was released on bail when my brother in law and sister came to pick me up.  I have faced many obstacles in my life, but nothing quite like this. I was worried, scared, and lost in words to say when I got home and talked to my mother face to face. She was frantically looking for someone that could help me and found FALDEF as the number one search result from Google. My mother got a hold of Atty. Merit Salud at first and then talked to Atty. J.T. Mallonga. My mother and I talked to both of them to see if they were able to help us seeing that they were in New Jersey and we were in Plano, an area of Texas that they have never heard of before. We eventually got a call back from them and received good news that they were able to help us.



From that day on FALDEF has given me hope that I would be able to live my life normally day by day. They have given me a chance to fulfill my dreams and goals that would have been otherwise missed. I know that they have given it their all on helping me win my case and without them I wouldn’t be here today. They have brought the “New York way” to Texas and helped me stay with my family and friends.  They have given me the opportunity to care for my young brother and be a father figure for him, see him grow and help my family.
I thank Atty. Mallonga and Atty. Salud, all the people at FALDEF, and their supporters for all of their hard work for me and the other DREAMERS out there without them I don’t know where I’d be.

Please help us help others. Click HERE to donate.